Panel Solar Cooker is a combination of Parabolic Solar Cooker and Box Solar Cooker.Panel Solar Cooker is based on design of Solkit of Solar Cooker International.
- Constructed with corrugated plastic sheet (Sun Pack) and aluminum foil.
- Suitable for cooking food for 3 to 4 persons.
- Manual tracking.
- Cooker can be folded and even taken to the field by the farmers.
- Slow cooking – Food is very nutritious.
- Food is cooked in non – smoking condition.ime
- Eco – friendly : Does not pollute environment
- One can save one metric ton of wood every year.
- Very simple to construct – Self Help Group, Unemployed Youth and Mahila Mandal can be trained to make their own panel solar cooker.
Time for Cooking
- Between 8.00 AM to 2.00 PM
How much time it takes for Cooking
- One to one and half hour – For boiling drinking water
- Three to Four hour – Vegetables, fish, chicken
- Four to Four and half hour – Rice, Dal, Meat preparation, Boiling potato
Points to be taken Care
- Panel solar cooker should face towards sun during cooking
- Cooking container to be painted black with blackboard paint
- For cooking rice and dal; water to be added as in normal pressure cooker in the ratio of 1:2.
- Cooking Utensil to be kept over donga stand and put inside transparent plastic bag
- Mouth of plastic bag to be closed airtight with elastic / rubber strand
- Plastic bag should blow up like balloon while cooking
- Plastic bag to be replaced once it is torn or having any hole
- After cooking, Panel solar cooker to be folded and kept inside the house
- Proper care to be taken while cleaning outer side of Cooking container
- Food cannot be cooked in Rainy season or in cloudy weather.